Operating your Account
We want your time with us to run as smoothly as possible but understand there may be times when situations change.
We're committed to providing you with honest and helpful information and have prepared some straight-talking guides to help you when finding what you want, as quickly as possible.
Useful contact numbers
- Lost or stolen - details of where to call - day or night
- Requesting a statement - check your monthly balance.
- Lost or forgotten accounts - If you think you may have an old Britannia savings account but dont know what to do, find out here.
- Direct Debit - Set up regular payments into your Britannia account.
- Changing interest details - have your interest paid into another account or change the frequency of payments if the terms and conditions of your account allow it.
- Changing personal details - change your personal details such as adding, removing or changing a name on your account, or tell us if you've moved house
- Section 975 Certificate - this shows the interest and tax that apply to your account. It's normally needed to complete a HM Revenue & Customs self-assessment form.
- More about tax - find out if you're eligible to earn interest without paying tax.
- Cheque clearance - our cheque clearance cycle explained in detail.
- Transferring money - how to transfer from another UK bank account to your Britannia account.
- Charges - information about charges which may be applied to your savings account.
From 1 January 2012, we changed how we process electronic payments. Pleasefor more information.